For Latin American Companies
SINGAPORE & OUR CAPABILITIES
From third world to first in a space of less than 50 years, Singapore, Southeast Asia's smallest country, is today a vibrant city-state with one of the highest standards of living in the world. Singapore is a trusted brand in the world, known for our transparency, pro-business policies, and trusted legal and corporate governance system.
As a result, Latin American corporations have set up presence in Singapore. They include aircraft manufacturer Embraer, oil & gas giant Petrobras, food corporation BRF, mining firm Vale, petrochemicals company Braskem, Chilean wine producer Concha y Toro, Argentinean engineering firm Tenaris, P.M.I., the trading arm of Mexican national oil company PEMEX, as well as Banco do Brasil, Latin America's largest bank by assets, which opened a brokerage in Singapore.
Singapore Connects You to Asia
Located at the crossroads of the East-West trading routes, Singapore is one of the world's top transportation hubs for sea and air cargo, providing access to fast-growing markets such as China, India and Southeast Asia.
Your Ideal Business Partner
Our companies make excellent business partners with their strong track record of delivering integrated solutions and high quality products for partners in the region and beyond.
Safe and orderly, we are recognised as one of the cleanest and greenest cities in the world.
Testament to our high quality of living, Singapore was ranked as Asia's best place to work, live and play in ("Quality of Living Ranking", Mercer, 2014).
SINGAPORE'S STRENGTHS IN INFRASTRUCTURE, MANUFACTURING AND OIL & GAS
Singapore companies are well-known for their dedication to quality and relentless drive to innovate. In the Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Oil & Gas sectors, Singapore companies make excellent business partners.
Oil & Gas
Singapore progressed from a 3rd world developing nation to a 1st world metropolis in less than 50 years.
Learning from the rest of the world, Singapore accelerated our infrastructure development capabilities. Within a short span of less than 50 years, Singapore has established well-connected land, air and sea transport systems, world class public utilities and waste management system as well as affordable high standard public housing.
Singapore’s well developed infrastructure is a key driver of our economic growth. Our innovative space solutions and forward planning have allowed us to adapt and grow quickly to meet the evolving needs of businesses. In particular, Singapore companies can offer their capabilities in these areas:
Why Partner Singapore
- Master Planning
- Utilities: Power, Clean Water, and Waste Management
- Land, Port and Airport Infrastructure
- Info-communications Technology Infrastructure
- Singapore companies experience working with governments from both Singapore and abroad in infrastructural public private partnership projects.
- Singapore companies are able to adapt their solutions to the different environment and circumstances overseas.
- Singapore companies source for the most cost-effective options and are able to pace the implementation of these measures to lessen costs to businesses and individuals.
Singapore is the top country in Asia for IP rights protection and is one of the most innovative country globally.
Singapore is also one of the most research-intensive countries in the world, with the Singapore government committing S$16.1 billion in R&D between 2011-2015.
Singapore companies, at the forefront of innovation and technology, have expertise across the entire manufacturing value chain:
Why Partner Singapore
- Pre-Manufacturing Services
- Product conceptualisation & design
- Product development
- Discrete manufacturing services: casting, tooling, injection moulding, machining, stamping, fabrication, PCB
- Manufacturing services: automation, testing and inspection, packaging
- Post Manufacturing Services
With a highly-skilled and qualified labour force, Singapore manufacturing companies have expertise across the entire value chain, from product conceptualization and design, to manufacturing, testing, assembly and post manufacturing services.
Singapore companies leverage the relatively low-cost manufacturing facilities in Asia (such as Indonesia, Malaysia and China) to manufacture products of international quality at a competitive price.
With more than 760 offices in Asia, and more than 1,000 subsidiaries and marketing offices globally, Singapore companies can meet the needs of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in a timely manner. Latin American companies can partner Singapore companies to tap on their regional network to penetrate the Chinese and Southeast Asian markets.
Reliability & High Standards
Singapore is a global centre for Electronics and Precision Engineering (EPE) and Singapore companies with EPE capabilities are able to cater to sectors such as aerospace, automotive and medical technology. These companies also adhere strictly to international manufacturing standards such as ISO 13485 and TS16149.
Singapore, a nation with no natural oil resources, commands 70% of the world’s market share of FPSO conversions and more than 30% of the global market share of jack-up rigs and semi-submersibles new builds.
Singapore started off as a small ship repair and building centre serving the Southeast Asian region. Today, our companies are global players in the offshore sector, with a substantial global market share, generating 65% industry turnover in offshore rig building and more than 30% industry turnover in ship repair and conversions.
Singapore companies provide these offshore solutions:
- Concession Owners/ Operators;
- Integrated Offshore & Marine (O&M) / Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCIs) providers;
- Vessel Owner-Operators;
- For Shipyard / Structural / Fabrication/ Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul (MRO);
- Topsides, Process, Utility Modules /Engineering, Procurement And Construction Commissioning (EPCC) contractors;
- Offshore, Deck Machinery/ Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs);
- Systems Integrator/ Turnkey Engineering solutions providers;
- Oilfield Equipment, Tools Component Manufacturing/ Fabrication providers;
- Mooring / Rigging / Lifting servicers and suppliers;
- Operators of Offshore Base Logistics/ Project Cargo Handling;
- Design, Consultancy & Professional Services providers; and
- General Services & Supplies/ Stockists.
Singapore companies provide a wide range of process and engineering service capabilities:
Why Partner Singapore
- Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Maintenance Work.
- Equipment and Materials Fabrication.
- Engineering Services, including chemical & vessel tank cleaning, fire protection and piping works.
Quality and Reliability
Singapore companies own a sizable market share in rig building. Many of the new rig orders awarded to Singapore are for the proven high-performance proprietary jack-up rig designs such as KFELS B Class and Pacific 400 Class owned by Singapore shipyards.
Singapore’s world-class logistics infrastructure, sea ports and air freight facilities, superior warehousing as well as worldwide connectivity have created an efficient supply chain management that is critical for rig building.
High Safety Standards
Singapore companies ensure safe working environment for employees, protection of the environment, and the safeguarding owners’ plants and equipment.